Friday, December 12, 2008

I think therefore I am

A saying was introduced to us by our professor during our class in the Nodal center last December 6, 2008. It was around 9 am when our professor writes a quote in the white board that stated “I think, Therefore I exist” by Rene Descartes. Honestly I don’t know what the quotes talk about. I doubt what would be my answer. Since my classmates tell that the quote was about I exist because I think. But as the days goes by, I don’t really know what the real meaning of that quote was. So I sat down on the chair and google the phrase “ I think, Therefore I exist.” – Rene Descartes. It is all about thoughts and doubts. A certain writer tells and formulated that Existence = doubt + thought. But I don’t really know how they come up with that idea if we derived it to find thought = existence – doubt? But I don’t really get the idea. So as I reflected on the sermon of our professor in my own idea that for me, I think therefore I exist, means that each one of us should think not only in our selves but also for others and for the good of everybody. Existence not only in physical aspect but also mentally aspects. That Saturday was another day that will mark my calendar because another call or sermon that was again delivered to us. But luckily our professor did not get mad to us. But as summary “God think, Therefore I/we exist”. Have a nice and wonderful day. Merry Christmas in advance..

4 comments:

rejserenity said...

yha.! ur ryt.^^ existence doesnt deal in physical way.. but also the we we think and work for it..

glaiglay said...

doubt?i doubt and i solve such doubts...yey i exist!!!!!

riza said...

mao jud gly... heheheh..

April said...

I think, we are all existing, and I hope that we will not just limit our thinking, thinking for our own good/ self. let's also think for others.
hehe..